Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Making Of Pride And Prejudice


Andrea got me this book for my birthday last year, knowing how I feel about this gem of a movie/mini-series. I've skimmed through it before, but actually sat down and read most of it last week.

I would never want to be involved in the making of movies. What a headache. I'm so glad that I was able to simply enjoy the magic they created in their adaptation of Jane Austen's beloved novel.

I enjoyed the interviews with the screen writers and actors, although, really, they are kind of full of themselves. And Jennifer Ehle...Elizabeth...is actually a blond! It's all wigs!

I still like to think of Longborn, Netherfield, Pemberly and Rosings as the homes of these great characters instead of homes all across England that fit the mold.

Read this if you like to know how period pieces are made. If not, enjoy the magic anyway!

No comments: