Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I Didn't Plan To Be A Witch


Ever since I attended the Eyre's fireside months and months ago, I've had this book on hold due to its fabulous title. Hello! This could be my life's theme!

My life really doesn't resemble the chaotic and dramatic life that parents of nine children and authors of a national best selling parenting book series have. But, that doesn't mean that I didn't take anything away from it.

Not really an advice book, per se, it's more of a "take heart - and don't sweat the small stuff" book. Which, I suppose, is good advice. I loved some of their funny stories and appreciate her willingness to keep it real. I LOVE real...especially when it comes to families. What good is there in the facade? Only discouragement and competition. None of us are perfect. But we can all be better.

At the end, she writes what I was thinking. She says, "Many of you are probably thinking, "I could have written this book." and she responds by saying, "Do it!"

And bloggers, I think we are.

No comments: